Mouth with high cavity activity
Fluoride trays to help the cavities
For your information...
Do you have problems with your teeth or suffering from cavities? Would you do anything to avoid going to the dentists?
We have a solution for you – FLUORIDE TRAYS!
Tooth decay begins when the bacteria and sugars present in the mouth form acids that erode the tooth’s protective enamel. These acids cause minerals to be lost from the tooth’s enamel layer, a process called demineralization. This can lead to the formation of holes (cavities) in the teeth. Research shows that fluoride helps prevent cavities in children and adults by making teeth more resistant to the acid attacks that cause cavities. Fluoride is nature’s cavity fighter, helping repair the early stages of tooth decay even before the decay can be seen.
While fluoride can help reverse early tooth decay and prevent cavities, it cannot heal cavities that have already formed. Therefore, it is a great and cost-effective strategy for maintaining dental health and preventing more expensive problems later on.
So stop overspending at the dentist! Do PREVENTION first!
What are Fluoride Trays?
Fluoride trays are custom fitted plastic trays made by your dentist to be filled with prescription fluoride gel to help control decay and strengthening teeth structures. Fluoride Trays will prevent or control dental decay, or reduce tooth sensitivity. Research shows that the use of these trays and fluoride will prevent new decay almost totally and will slow down currently present decay. Additionally, it will desensitize sensitive tooth root surfaces. However, you must be consistent in carrying out the treatment daily.
Who should use fluoride tray?
- · Head and neck radiation patients are at a lifelong risk for tooth decay due to the reduction in their saliva.
- · Patients with decreased salivary flow from medication, Sjogren’s syndrome, or other causes.
- · Patients with teeth sensitivity.
- · Patients at high risk for caries.
Fluoride trays are beneficial for people of all ages. Children who get adequate fluoride while their teeth are still forming will develop permanent teeth that are stronger and more decay-resistant over a lifetime. Adults who are particularly susceptible to tooth decay will also benefit from fluoride application. Fluoride trays are nature’s cavity fighter, helping repair the early stages of tooth decay even before the decay can be seen.
Fluoride Trays Instructions:
- · One application should be made before bed each night.
- · Brush and floss your teeth thoroughly to remove plaque completely.
- · Load each tray with about five to six drops of fluoride gel, spacing the drops equally.
- · This is a medication requiring a prescription from your dentist.
- · Dry the mouth by swallowing several times.
- · Place the fluoride tray(s) into your mouth seating them completely.
- · Expectorate (spit out) the excess fluoride.
- · Leave the trays and fluoride in your mouth for 10 minutes and do not swallow.
- · Remove the trays, wash the trays out with water, and place them upside down in convenient place to let them drain out and dry before the next use. Return to provided storage container.
- · Do not eat, drink, brush, or rinse for 1 hr after use.
Care for Fluoride Trays:
- · Rinse and dry the trays thoroughly after each use. Clean them by brushing them with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- · Occasionally, the trays can be disinfected in a solution of sodium hypochlorite (Clorox) and water. Use one tablespoon of Clorox in about one-half cup of water. Soak them for about 15 minutes.
- · If the trays become covered with hard water deposits, soak them in white vinegar overnight and brush them the next morning.
- · Do not boil the trays or leave them in a hot car as they may warp or melt.
Forget the word dentist, cavity or pain! Using FLUORIDE TRAYS on a daily basis will prevent cavities and protect your teeth. All we ask from you is not to forget to smile.