Thank you for choosing
Dental Arts San Diego!
Commonly Asked Questions
A: Once diagnosed with periodontal disease or severe gingivitis , what you know as “normal” cleaning will not be enough. We need to get under the gums to clear out all of the tartar buildups and the bacteria is removed so the gums can heal and begin to control the disease.
- Valium- in Office
- Comfort Menu which includes: blankets, neck pillow, headphones, and other things to choose from to make you feel more at easy.
- Bovine bone graft- bone made from animal biomaterials such as materials processed from non-vital cow bone
- Allograft, this is bone from a deceased donor or a cadaver that has been cleaned and stored in a tissue bank
- Synthetic/Artificial bone created in a laboratory
- Gum Disease(Periodontal/Periodontitis Disease) that leads to Bone Loss. Gum disease can permanently damage not only the gums but the bone structure , and surrounding tissues causing receding gums.
- Removal of teeth – wisdom etc…
- Placing implants
A: Bone graft in dental is important part of protecting existing jawbone, alveolar ridge bone and is necessary after removal of teeth for several reasons such as: allowing enough struction to place and support implants or to help prevent movement from surrounding teeth, and helps prevent dry socket
A: Four to Nine Months
- Yes we have an after hours phone line available for patients to call or text
- Yes we offer at least Two Saturdays out of the month 9-2pm
- We are in contract with several Insurances including HMO & Discount Plans
- We accept all PPO Insurances
A: Unfortunately we don’t take Molina Insurance
A: Unfortunately we don’t take Community Insurance but we are listed under several other HMO Insurances
A: Unfortunately we don’t take Medical or Dentical but we offer a complimentary exam for new patients
A: Yes, we are listed under several California Insurances. Our dedicated team member will do a courtesy check of your insurance benefits once you have scheduled an appointment.
A: Yes , however under the age of age might be more comfortable in a Pedodontist office
A: Depending on the condition and type of cleaning you are needing
A: Yes, of course we would love to book and get to know the whole family. However, we would like to book three family members at a time if possible.
A: It is important to continue caring for your dental needs by doing the. Following such as x rays so that we may see any issues that are currently affecting your oral health
- After Perio Scaling you will set up a month Eval Appointment which is where we check that everything is healing in gums and polish your teeth.
- Then set up your 3 or 4 month periomantance appointment which just maintains and continues your cleanings instead every 6 months as you need more attention to your oral health and gums.
A: There can be several reasons to need a medical clearance such as, if you recently had a surgery, underlying medical conditions, or medications that can lead to complications if not addressed properly by seeking more guidance from your medical physician.
GET IN TOUCH
Do you need help or have a questions? Fill out this form to get in touch.